[InternatlPhD] PGSC - Tax prep and webinar party!

Khatee Zathul Arifa arifa at wisc.edu
Tue Feb 6 19:48:47 CST 2024

Dear fellow international students,

Tax season is upon us! As you may have heard, ISS is now offering the Sprintax software<https://iss.wisc.edu/employment/taxes/> to help us with our tax preparation. Sharon and I thought it would be helpful to organize a webinar watch party to learn more about how to use the software. The webinar will demonstrate how to access the software and complete your tax returns. It's a great opportunity to ask questions and get clarification on any confusing matters.

To make the most of the webinar, I propose the following plan:

  1.  Sprintax offers multiple webinars throughout the tax season to help students learn how to use the software. You can start preparing your taxes and pre-watch one of these webinars<https://iss.wisc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/174/2024/01/Sprintax-2023-Tax-Season-Webinar-Schedule-Neil-and-Elvera.pdf> before our tax work session.

  2.  We'll gather in Sterling B343 at 1 pm on 11 March (Monday) to work on our taxes using Sprintax together. This will give us a chance to help each other and ask questions before the webinar.

  3.  After working on our taxes, we'll watch the Sprintax webinar together from 3 pm to 4 pm. We can use the chat function during the webinar to ask any remaining questions that you may have.

To participate fully in the tax work session, please make sure that you:

  1.
have received your unique Sprintax access code from ISS. You will need this code to access the software and begin working on your taxes. If you have not yet received your code, please contact ISS as soon as possible,

  2.
bring the required documents, which include your passport, forms I-20 and I-94, and any tax-related paperwork. You can find a complete list of required documents here<https://iss.wisc.edu/wp-content/uploads/sites/174/2024/01/Sprintax_Instructions-for-students_2023-University-of-Wisconsin-Madison.pdf>,

  3.
RSVP early, as lunch will be provided! 🙂

I hope this will be a helpful way to learn about Sprintax and get our taxes done. Plus, it'll be a great opportunity to connect with fellow international students and enjoy a meal together. If you have any questions or would like to join the tax work session and webinar watch party, please let me know in advance!

All the best,

Arifa Khatee Zathul

PGSC International Student Rep